Sunday, June 1, 2014

Verve Painter -- first painting (digital still life study)

This was a study (my first actual painting using Verve Painter). My goal here was to learn the software and use a traditional painting as a study/reference. I chose this painting by Carol Marine, (whom I admire as an artist -- check out her work!) -- I purchased this painting from her and it sits on my desk next to me -- so I thought, "why not study this artwork?" My goal was not to perfectly copy it.. but rather learn the software and control the paint -- along with studying how she applied her brush strokes. It was a fun exercise -- and I LOVE the software!.. it does an amazing job on mimicking the 'digital impasto' look that I am drawn to for my traditional paintings and I can't wait to experiment more with this!

Chad



No comments:

Post a Comment